The Arkham Trilogy Batmobile, Legacy of the Dark Knight

 


Just after I finished putting this together, LEGO went and announced that they were releasing an official set in 2027. I don't know how accurate it will be to the game version, but I sure am excited to find out!


Decals

There are quite a few custom decals required on this one. The biggest being on those huge technic wheels.
I've provided an SVG with recreations of these decals so you can print your own.

So can I build it?

For the most part, YES! Suprisingly, although it's quite technical, it all fits together quite nicely. There are only 2 changes required to work from the game model.


The ingot pieces used on the headlights are not available in trans light blue, so I have replaced them with normal tiles instead (a very minor aesthetic change).

The only other problem with this model is in HOW these are attached. Tt used some digital LEGO trickery here, as the brackets and plate that make up this little sub assembly aren't actually attached to the rest of the build, they're just floating in place.
To resolve this, the top modified plate and wedge tiles had to be replace by 2 corner tiles:

When it's all put together, it is a fairly robust model. It won't stand up to heavy play without some of the panels popping off, but as a display piece, it is awesome.




Comments